Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Eggplant Parm... yummm!

For Dinner tonight we had Eggplant Parm. It was so good!

one Med. Eggplant
Spaghetti sauce
Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
Italian Bread Crumbs
Egg wash
One greased pan of your choice (I used a bread pan)

Rinse and skin the Eggplant ( i use a potatoes peeler)
Cut the eggplant length wise and very thin
Bread the eggplant (dip in egg wash then in bread crumbs)
Layer in pan : Eggplant, sauce, cheese and repeat until you get to the top of the pan. Pour remaining sauce over top and then top with grated cheese. Cover with tin foil to keep cheese from burning.

Bake 375 Degrees for 30 mins. Uncover and then bake for an additional 5 mins. Eggplant should melt in your mouth. Serve with pasta of your choice and something green!

Leftovers idea: Make an Eggplant Parm hot sandwich! Yumm! It's better the second day!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How did Matt take it? Or does he know that egg plant is a vegetable? Thanks for posting this. Its sounds so good. Are eggplants expensive? I've actually never bought one...

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...

Matt tried it but then gave his to me. I have stopped trying to please him and I make what is good. He at least will try anything I make. Eggplants are not that expensive,I bought my last one for 1.30/lb I think and they weigh next to nothing depending on their size. SO yummy Sarah! CAll me if you have any questions about it, you will only need one for your family depending on what size pan you use. I used a bread pan because it layers higher and looks really cool. I only used half an eggplant and froze the rest. If you use a lasagna pan you will probably use the whole eggplant. Experiment with it. It is so yummy!