Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mom's Baked Beans

The first time I had these beans was Thanksgiving 2003. Aaron and I had just started dating and we had dinner with his mom, his Aunt Lynn, and Grandpa Sharpe. I thought these were so excellent and I make them all the time - though maybe I should start making them in the crock-pot - It's too hot to bake something in the oven for an hour here! I keep losing the recipe so I thought I would post it here for easy access!

Calico Baked Beans

1 can white beans or pork and beans

1 can red kidney beans

1 can Butter beans

1/4 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic minced
1 Tbsp butter

1/2 cup ketchup

2 Tbsp brown sugar

1 teas dry mustard

1 teas salt

2 Tbsp vinegar

1/2 can water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I'm not sure the specifics of how Mom Adams puts them together, but I rinse the beans in a strainer in the sink first. While they are draining, I saute the onion and garlic in the butter until the onion is soft and clear. Then I pour everything together (beans, onion mixture, and sauce ingredients, and water) in a small casserole dish and combine well. Then I bake them for an hour covered. These are great addition to any BBQ - or any meal really.

1 comment:

Aryan Gupta said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
carpet mats abu dhabi