Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tortellini Soup

This is one I got from a recipe blog that my ward does. I've been kind of preoccupied with it so I haven't been posting to this one at all lately. But it's time to revive the Family Foods blog!

2 Tbsp butter
6 garlic cloves, chopped
4 cups chicken broth (I usually use 4 cups water with 4 bouillon cubes)
2 1/2 cups frozen or dry cheese tortellini
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (with juice)
6 oz baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (frozen works too)
1/2 tsp. dried basil
optional: Parmesan cheese

Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute about 1 1/2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook about 5 min. Add tomatoes and juice. Bring to boil again, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 5 min. Stir in spinach and basil and heat until spinach is wilted. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've been starting with italian sausage instead of butter lately and that has been turning out nicely!